China calls on citizens to leave eastern Congo after attacks

Wednesday, December 1st 2021, 8:22:00 am
article
China on Wednesday urged its citizens to leave three provinces in eastern Congo as violence intensifies in the mineral-rich region. A posting from the Chinese Embassy in Kinshasa on the WeChat online messaging said a number of Chinese citizens had been attacked and kidnapped over the past month in the provinces of South Kivu, North Kivu and Ituri, where several anti-government rebel groups have a presence. It said Chinese residing in the three provinces should provide their personal details by Dec. 10 and make plans to leave for safer parts of Congo.

You need to be logged in to share items to Gab.

Donate to Gab with Bitcoin

Breaking
The UK economy shrinks in the second three months of the year as the country’s cost-of-living crisis deepens...
Joe Biden’s advisers are reportedly pushing him to launch his 2024 presidential campaign early, a move that comes with certain risks. This would look suspicious to many voters, who would ask why he fe...
China's ambassador to Russia, Zhang Hanhui expects trade between the countries to hit a record $200 billion in 2022...
Dissenter comments
loading...